Link Building Strategies
Yahoo Answers – should be a part of your link building strategies. Offer a short answer with a link back to a page on your website which has more information
looking for experts to interview
Amazon.com – your profile and post a review:
- Go to amazon.com, then click the “Your Account” link near the upper right corner of the main page and sign in to your Amazon.com account.
- Go to the “Personalization” section down at the bottom of the page and click the “Your Public Profile” link. It is listed under the “Community” column in that section.
- Click the “Edit Your Profile” button at the top right side of the profile page. Go to the left-hand column and fill in as much as the details as possible to fill out your profile. Providing personal details about yourself helps to built trust and get Amazon.com users to your website.
- Find the field called “Web Page”, which is located on the left sidebar. Type in your website’s full URL address, enclosing even “http://”. Then, just click save when you are done.
- Browse the Amazon.com website for past purchases or products you own and write a review. Go to the “Customer Reviews” section on the product page and click the “Create Your Own Review” button to begin writing the review.
- Click the “Preview Your Review” button to see what your review will look like when published on the site. If you would like to make changes, click the “Edit” button. Otherwise, click the “Publish Review” button to submit the review for approval
Your eBay About Me page
Start to build your own About Me page using HTML including click-able backlinks. Before you do that, however, make sure you read eBay’s Guidelines, so you don’t break any of their conditions. It would be a shame if you were banned from eBay, so it is a good idea to play by the rules, especially with eBay being pretty relaxed about their terms and conditions. Some links are not allowed, but their policy will probably surprise you.
This site has a very high authority presence in a digital space and being listed in their directory will not only give you traffic to your website, but also a great backlink with high SEO value.
Everything you can imagine costs 5$. Build your Profile with baclinks to your site.
– With the popularity of an iPad and Kindle, many publishers, especially “Create Space” were able to make
way to BILLIONS of computing devices, which can behave like “little” cash registers, bringing very qualified leads,
as well as buyers without much intervention on autopilot.
Building Link Process
Basically there are two different types of websites and you are interested in them all:
1. Sites that want you to write articles for them and already have an article submission page on their website
2. Sites that have articles on their website but don’t have an article submission page
- To find the sites in your niche that fall into the first category, search for variations of your keywords: “auto insurance”, “home patio” with the words ‘submit article’, ‘newsletters ‘, ‘articles’, ‘blogs’ or ‘blog’ in the Google search field. For example “auto insurance submit article”. Once they agree to review your article:
- Give them a text file (notepad file) with the HTML already done and your links already embedded
they have to grab it and drop it into the HTML option of the page
- Use H1 tag once, H2 twice, H3 through H6 as many times as you need on the page
Here is a tip on how to create a HTML page with backlinks, headings, the whole thing very easy:
- create a new post in WordPress with everything you need
- switch to HTML view
- copy the code and save it in a text file (notepad)
- that’s it its ready to be emailed for review to the other webmaster
- Once your site is ranking, it takes a lot less effort to promote it in order to rank for additional pages. Backlinking, however never ends, if you want to keep your top spot.
- Customize your email message to a potential backlinking partner, so they know it is not a spam letter. Making a phone call helps. Have your picture in the guest blog’s request.
- Here is a step-by-step summary for obtaining backlinks from article written by you as a guest blogger:
1. Identify a Topic for Your Articles
2. To outsource – set-up a project or find virtual assistants on oDesk
3. Develop a List of Potential backlinks Partners (check if their site is relevant)
4. Identify Three Pages to Promote (home page & 2 product pages)
5. Identify a List of Keywords For Each Page (long tail)
6. Send Email #1 to Potential backlinks Partners. You don’t need to send all 150 at once. I would send maybe 15 or 20.
Work slowly and methodically to get that done.
7. Act Immediately When You Receive a Response
8. Send Email #2 to Potential backlinks Partners (people who didn’t respond)
Communicating With a Potential Backlink Partner
Sample Email #1 to potential backlinks partners :
[email title] Susan, I have a question about xyz.com
I enjoyed visiting your xyz.com web site and spent some time reading it because the great content. I read with interest the article on “Dog’s Fitness”.
I am writing to you because I have an article about dog training that I would like to give, at no charge to you. The article is well written and would make a great addition for your visitors to enjoy.
I would love that the article could find a home on your site.
Please let me know and I can send it to you.
If no response, Sample follow up Email #2:
[email title] Susan, I emailed you about xyz.com – I have a question.
Body text – Same as Email #1
If still no response, send them last Email #3:
[email title] Susan, May Be You Are Not Interested, My Last Attempt to ask you about xyz.com
Body text – Same as Email #1
I they want to view your article, Email #4:
[email title] Susan, Here is the Article, as Promised
Attached you will find the promised article titled “Dog Training At Its Best” for your review.
Let me know, what do you think?
Please note that I have already formatted it in HTML to make it easier for you. All you should need to do is cut and paste the article on to a page on its own in the HTML view.
If you find it satisfactory, please shoot me a quick email with the link to it on your site.
If you have any questions, let me know.