What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is simply promoting and/or selling other people’s products for profit and earning commission.
There are many affiliate programs now days, where you can find products to sell. Here are few recommendations for some of the best Recommended Affiliate Programs:
- linkconnector – one of the most respected affiliate network
- blueglobalmedia is a performance marketing network based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Focusing on financial products
- MaxBounty is an affiliate/CPA network that has received a lot of recommendations from Internet marketers.
- CPA Network (OfferVault.com ) and paste relevant Banner Ads on your site. Every time someone clicks and gives their email address (for example) you get paid – up to $10 per email address!
What Is The # 1 Priority for An Internet Marketer?
There are many things your website is capable of doing, but the number one priority should be gathering visitors’ names and email addresses so you can begin to develop a relationship with them. More than 75% of these visitors will never come back to your site, so you have lost them forever. That is a great waste!
Give your visitors something of good value in exchange for their name and email address. It could be an e-Book, a set of recipes, list of 10 Things – You Must Do To Protect You Computer, etc. Something they can get right away.
If they opt-in through a opt-in form, a pop-up, etc, then they will immediately receive, what you have promised them.
Having a forum available for them is one way of retaining some of them. You have to give them an encouragement to join your forum, similar to this:
“I’d like to personally invite you to share your personal thoughts, feelings and experiences in our dog forum. This is a place where you can ask questions and get answers on a variety of topics that relate to dogs. By joining our community, you’ll be a part of a special group of people who all have a common interest – what is best for our dogs.”
Getting Your Website Visitors Involved
“Come back and tell us your story. Do you have a dog or dogs constantly barking? We would love to hear your story.”
- Get them back on the site.
- Get them interacting and get them involved.
- If you don’t get people involved, you’ll never get a commitment out of them. “Do you have photos of your dogs?
- We’d love to see them. Do you have pictures of yourself with your dog? Come and post them.”
- When a product or service becomes available that they may be interested in, you can recommend it to all on your list. A list that you’ve built, through Opt-ins.