- It’s Far Better to have One Website with 100 backlinks, than 2 websites with 50 backlinks each.
- Google will determine where your page resides in their search results by analyzing other pages on the Internet that are linking to your page.
- Throw Out Keyword Density Rules, Focus on Your Visitor First, Search Engine Second!
- What are backlinks? And why are they so important?
Backlinks are simply live links pointing to your pages on your website from other places on internet. These links can come from a variety of internet properties like: blogs, forums, comments, bookmarking sites, social media sites, audio & video directories and …more.
- We can not wait for backlinks to come to us, we have to create them ourselves or outsource it.
Here are the criteria you should use in selecting a backlink partners:
- Never pay for backlinks
- You can get free backlinks by providing value on other sites
- Obvious fit (similar topic)
- Home Page PR 3 or more
For blogs, you should also consider:Owner Operator (not a big corporate site)
- Already have articles on their web site
- Have Contact Info
- Google & Other Search Engines Give Credit for Backlinks
- It is important to have a variations of backlinks coming from different sources to your page.
- It can take Google from 3 minutes to 3 months to give you credit for actually having backlinks out there.
- Try about 150 Web Site Partners (blogs, forums, commenting, DMOZ, societies, schools, universities, companies) and 20% of your efforts my end up in backlinks to your site.
- To start with, first decide on one keyword you want to rank for, write 30 variations of similar articles w/3 links each (slight variations of the same keyword, use buying keyword like “buy car insurance” and not “what is car insurance”).
We’re attempting to get a one particular page of content to rank in search results for 20 to 30 different keyword phrases, one keyword ranking at a time. When you register on so many blogs, forums, etc., your author bio should slightly change from one to another.
Do Quality Outbound Links Count Too?
- Another important thing to do, is to make sure that you link to authority pages, like Wikipedia, BBC, CNN, ESPN, Clickbank or Youtube. It is important to convince Google and other search engines to know that you are providing your visitors with links to great resources.
- Without outbound links you are leaving a big hole in your SEO strategy and the search engines will certainly take notice. You will not be able to reap the full benefits of the “link juice” spread around by the search engines.
What Are The Most Valuable Backlinks?
- One of the most valuable backlinks to obtain is from articles on other websites that contain links to the pages on your site. How can you accomplish that? By writing for other blogs, as a guest writer in exchange for backlinks to your site. To gain top spots in Google Search for a particular keyword
- You want to use variations of the same keyword in each article.
Use 10 variations of that 1 keyword (ex. “dog training”, “the best dog training”) as anchor text in each of the 20 distributed backlinks articles (same keyword can occur in 2 articles).
You may need to create more backlinks, if needed to rank on the 1st page for this keyword in Google (usually 10 articles times 3 backlinks = 30 backlinks).
- It means that you will try to have 3 or even more (if the webmaster will allow you) variations of the same keyword in the same guest article linking to 3 or more pages on your your site. Usually to your home page & two product pages.
- You keep repeating the process of gaining new backlinks until your page is ranking on the first page of Google for most of the keywords.
- Don’t start working on another page with a new set of 3 keywords until you have at least 30 backlinks pointing to your particular page. It is usually enough to rank at the top
- As your site gains authority, you will need less and less number of backlinks to rank high.
Once you are done with one page, it is turn for your next page. Start working on another 30 backlinks using higher traffic keywords
- by writing the next batch of articles
- creating more profiles on forums
- Web 2.0, etc. with backlinks pointing to your next page, until you are ranking on page one with all of them.
You don’t want your site to rank for just one keyword, but for all phrases that are relevant to that page.
Google Will Check Backlinks
- Be Careful How You Create Backlinks, because Google will check backlinks to your site, not only for their authority, but for your “finger prints”!
- Every time you create an account on a website (whether that be a forum or a web 2.0 property) you are leaving a fingerprint in the form of your IP address.
- Part of the information that Google takes from a backlink is the IP address. That footprint is attached to every link and it’s uniqueness is very important to determine, how much authority Google lends to that particular link.
- A thousand sites all with the same fingerprint (IP address) pointing links to your site – Google will easily determine that it is unnaturally created.
- Similar situation occurs with Article Directories, Forums, Social Bookmarking etc. and many of these sites will allow you to open one account anyways.
- After setting up an account on a Forum, Social Media sites or any other places, Google doesn’t keep your login information, it records the IP address from the computer responsible for creating the account. There is a way to deal with this. You can purchase a VPN Client -software that will allow you to use different IP address on different websites.
- Hidemyass.com is less then seven dollars per month and its very easy to use service. You just can’t go wrong with something like that.
- You can outsource it, but let them use the service.
Bookmarking Demon as it has an inbuilt VPN Client that allows you to create multiple accounts on RSS. Blog and
Social Bookmarking directories.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that your Hosting account also has its own unique range of IP addresses. You are
going to need to create a lot more than one account if you want to take this really seriously.
- Consider building a store on Facebook, Shoply, Amazon, Buy.com, Etsy and eBay.
- You can optimize images with affiliate links to get more traffic
Use Pretty link plugin or Bit.ly to track your affiliate link clicks
Free SEO Baclinking Campaign
- A great way to obtain a list of high ranking blogs for your free SEO baclinking campaign is to check backlinks of your top competitors, by using bing.com and typing: inbody:abc.com -site:abc.com to do it manually
- To increase you chances, add a lot of power to it and use NicheBot or Market Samurai or SpyFu.com.
- Pick blogs with PR 3 or higher and contact their webmasters with the offer to write for them relevant to their site, articles. (see email samples)
- Avoid big companies and merchants. Stick with sites run by 1 or 2 people.
- Don’t look for merchant/shopping cart websites – these sites generally either don’t take articles or are big enough to have their own writers.
- Don’t look for sites that are in direct competition with you