Getting to know your website visitors is an integral part to your success. It just becomes much easier to create a very targeted, visitor oriented, great new content for your website. Continue looking through the chat forums, dig through them deeper and you will begin to form a “persona” of your visitor by finding answers to questions below.
What Is The Most Important Internet Marketing Strategy?
Focus on the visitor is the number one internet marketing strategy. I will dissect this very important topic. You will need to ask yourself some very important questions, and the answer will have a profound impact on your website development.
1. When Visitors Arrive at Your Website – How Would You Like Them to Feel?
You want them to find a nice and friendly place, a sense of relief, “Finally, I found a place, I was looking for and someone to talk to about your subject, who knows what I need, what I am going through, who “speaks my language”, it’s the best feeling in the world. They feel welcome, comfortable and trusting, from being a victim of misinformation to having a solution to their problem, it gives them reassurance and a relief. A place where their questions get answered.
2. What Do You Want the Visitors to See? (not necessarily all of it on one page)
- This site was created by one of them – (used to struggle financially for example)
- There is someone who has been through it before them.
- smiling friendly faces
- friendly graphics and pictures
- your smiling photo in the header graphic
- other people’s success stories
- warm colors (light blue)
- a really homey feel
3. What Would You Like the Visitors To Do?
- tell their own story
- a place to vent
- get support and chat with other people who are in the same boat as you, it builds a sense of community of people getting to know each other and being able to relate to each other
- get their questions answered
- find and purchase relevant products or services (books, advertorials, banners, product feeds, AdSense etc.)
- listen to audio: doing an audio interview: experts, reports, etc.
- watch video
- learn about and register for events they can attend
- contact us
- My Bio, to read my story and learn about what we’ve gone through, sense of understanding that someone
else has gone through the same thing
- A little pat on the back
- know if they’re on the right track
- be able to post pictures
- At the end of each post, place: a link to your chat forum, Icon for FaceBook and Twitter
4. What is My Goal for the Visitor? (no more than 1-2 goals per page)
- To become members, to join my chat forums and upload their photos
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Find what they’re looking for, have a great experience while on the site, which has to be easy to navigate
- Feel comfortable enough to leave comments, share their stories and experiences
- Come back to the site for events
- Have a real sense of community, coming back few times a week, because there’s
always something new for them to listen, to see, etc.
- I want them to bookmark my site and come back to for more answers
- Tell their friends about it
- Buy my e-Book
- Answer my Survey
- I would like them to click on my ads (expl. Google AdSense).
5. What Do I Want to Know About My Visitors?
- Focusing in on who they are actually builds the website for you
- first and last names
- email addresses for your newsletters
- where they live
- how they found your site
- how long they’re spending on your site
- how many of my visitors are becoming members and leaving their names and email addresses with you
- how many of my members are active and how many are inactive
- how many website visitors and members purchase your e-book
- how active they are
- If you’re losing them too quickly, do something to bring them in and keep them on board a little bit longer
- who is your competitor reaching that I’m not?
6. What Do I Need To Do To Accomplish the Above on My Site?
- Signing up for newsletters in your niche
- Distributing newsletters
- Go to chat forums and create your own
- Visit other blogs
- Create and optimize your photo galleries
- Submit your posts to FaceBook, Twitter and others.
Web Development Never Ends!
A. Most of all, you need to know what improvements you can make to your website and be able to grow your rankings after applying them, thus web development never really ends. You need to be aware of at all times if something is not working, as you would expect and more importantly be able to determine quickly how to correct it and see the immediate results, so you know you are on the right track. Take it to the next level and watch your main competitors sitting right behind them. Believe it or not, this is exactly what you can do using an amazing software called SEOmoz. It will place you way above the shoulders of the competition and will ensure your success.
B. Another superb software tool used by the most successful individuals on internet is compete
It will answer super important questions for you, such as:
- Which key phrases are being successfully used by my competition?
- Where is my competition main source of traffic and how are they pushing it to their websites?
C. If for whatever reason you are still not signed in with Nichebot or Market Samurai (in my opinion – the best tools),
another software tool on a smaller scale, but it is a must if you don’t have any good keyword research tools at all is a
WordPress plugin called Rank Tracker. It will allow you to find the visitor’s priceless information, including the actual key
phrases through which your visitors are finding you and also your ranking in search result for these very key phrases.
The key-phrases include longtail keywords (keyword with more than 2 words), how many visitors have found you via
that search and of course where in Google you are ranking for it.
D. Generally speaking you are not so interested in what you are already ranking #1 for. The Keywords ranking lower are
what you really want to pay attention to, because this is where the opportunity lies for you to improve their ranking and
have even more keywords at the top search results. It will be the best few dollars you’ve ever spent.
E. You might of heard the phrase: “The Money is in the list”. Once your visitors leave
your site, you will loose them forever, unless you capture their information and keep
in touch with them. You need a good email marketing tool – an autoresponder. This
is another one of the tools, you can not go without. Without capturing your visitors
info and market to them later, you will not make it online. There are few to choose
from, but no other product can beat – Aweber as far as functionality combined with
This is a software is very easy to use, captures your visitor’s info, builds customer’s lists and automatically keeps in touch with them, sends email newsletters & autoresponders? It offers top notch email deliver-ability with many useful tools, free expert assistance? Aweber is responsible for the success of the leading internet marketers, without which,
you will not be able to sustain a long term success.